by Tim O’Hare
You’ve likely heard of personal injury attorneys and seen ads on TV or billboards for personal injury attorneys, but do you know when you might need to hire a personal injury attorney? In case of circumstances requiring representation from a personal injury lawyer, how do you select a reputable attorney?
Personal injury attorneys can assist clients with any type of injury case, ranging from car accidents to wrongful death to job injuries. Here are six reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney:
- You’ve lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person? If so, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. A wrongful death suit can be filed by the following individuals: the surviving spouse, children and parents. A claim can also be brought on behalf of the decedent’s estate. Learn more about wrongful death and how to hire the right lawyer for your wrongful death case.
- You’ve been injured in a car accident. A personal injury attorney can help you recover financial losses due to medical bills and lost wages.
- You’ve suffered injury on someone else’s property. If so, you may have grounds to file a premises liability claim. Premises liability cases, like many other personal injury cases, can be complicated, as it has to be proven that the property owner was negligent and the injury suffered was a result of that negligence.
- You’ve been injured by a defective or recalled product. Products liability cases can be very complex. This is a type of injury cases that many attorneys do not handle, but our firm does.
- You’ve experienced illness or injury as a result of a medical professional’s negligence? Mistakes made by medical professionals due to negligence can result in serious injury or even death. Medical malpractice cases can be especially challenging without an experienced personal injury attorney.
- You’ve been injured through no fault of your own, in a way not described above. You should speak to a reputable injury attorney. There may be a way for you to get help to pay for medical expenses and lost wages.
It is easy to stereotype lawyers, especially personal injury lawyers, as “slimy.” While this is true about some lawyers, it is not true for all. A personal injury attorney who has integrity will provide much needed help in what can be a very stressful, difficult situation. If you hire the right attorney, you won’t regret it. Don’t let your misconception of lawyers deter you from seeking legal help in a situation involving wrongful death, car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian accidents, slips and falls, premises or product liability, work injury or any other injury you didn’t cause.
Tim O’Hare is a Dallas personal injury attorney who prides himself on practicing with integrity. If you have been injured in a car accident, or suffered injury on another person’s property, or experienced any other injury through no fault of your own, contact The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare for a free initial consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Call The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare for your FREE Case Evaluation 972-960-0000 or Toll-Free 888-960-0020